Using Document Management to Manage Emails and Faxes
Emails and faxes are an important part of information flow. Maintaining storage and easy access to these important business communications improves customer service, routine business processes and regulatory auditing. Don’t let your e-mails and faxes become document management orphans; include them in your document management system.
Integrate your E-mails and Faxes into your Document Management System
Store emails in the system for archival. E-mail software was not designed for long-term storage and does not perform well when people store large quantities of e-mails. Capture and store faxes with your document management system instead of in a file cabinet.
- Automatically route inbound e-mails into the document archive for later retrieval and review.
- Index e-mails automatically by key fields and enable full text search of their contents.
- Index attachments and automatically OCR image files for full text search.
- Capture faxes from virtually any fax server for storage in the document repository.
- OCR standard fax images for full text search.
- Eliminate privacy concerns by routing faxes electronically instead of printing them.
Integrate your E-mails and Faxes into your Workflow
E-mails and faxes can contain very important information for many workflow processes. Improve your workflow processes by automating the capture, storage and retrieval of e-mails and faxes.
- Enable e-mails and faxes to initiate workflows by triggering your business rules.
- Combine e-mails and faxes as part of overall workflow documents and packages.
- Create distinct business rules for different types of e-mails.
Integrate your E-mails and Faxes into your Records Management
E-mails and faxes can be business records. As such, they need to be included in your records retention policies. Do not leave these important records in electronic backups or file cabinets.
- Include e-mails and faxes in your standard records management policies by type.
- Set up special rules for e-mails and faxes.
- Ensure that e-mails and faxes that are business records are retained and purged correctly.
Want to Learn More?
Ready to Get Started? Sign Up for a Free Trial!
We invite you to take in-depth look at our easy to use, flexible document management solution, DocuVantage On Demand by registering for a Free 14-day trial.